Highlight of the Month
Two Turntables from Pro-Ject
Sub-Chassis turntable with 9" carbon/aluminum tonearm
The Classic makes use of traditional frame design which was established by the famous turntable manufacturers of the 50’s and 60’s. It uses a compact simple and elegant form factor.
● The tonearm uses a combination of carbon and aluminum with MM & MC capability
● Belt driven using a low noise AC motor with ultra precision frequency DC driven AC generator for speed stability - 33/45 RPM
● Precision balanced TPE damped aluminum platter with a felt mat
● Metal/MDF sandwich chassis floats on TPE suspension
● Optionally available with Ortofon 2M silver cartridge (with the turntable providing low noise - a good cartridge is recommended for a clean sound)
Cut View of Pro-Ject Classic Turntable
Pro-Ject Carbon Esprit
In the late 1990's, after the arrival of Compact Disc and the assumed demise of vinyl records, an analogue product re-emerged in the “mass market” – something all music lovers could afford.
The DEBUT CARBON DC ESPRIT SB set new standards in this category. It was perfectly timed as analogue today is again a respected source.
● The tonearm contains a carbon tube. This increased the stiffness and decreased unwanted resonance. Carbon is extensively used in high end tonearms, but – because of cost reasons – was never used in products at lower price levels.
● An increase in platter size and weight generated smoother rotation.
● An improved belt drive design offered low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling (utilising TPE).
● An ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator was utilized for ultimate speed stability.
● Electronic speed change
The overall sound quality is really excellent - a terrific "best buy turntable."